While a journalism course is important to start your journey in the field of journalism, it cannot possibly teach you everything. A journalism internship is the best way to learn the practical application of concepts learned in the course.
It offers a competitive edge in the job market and ensures a seamless transition from college to the real world.
Here are some reasons you must consider either a traditional in-person or online virtual internship:
- Opportunity to establish connections in the media industry
- Networking with big names in the space
- Opportunities for permanent employment
- Knowledge of functioning of the industry
- Real-world experience
- Chance to develop investigation abilities
- Mentorship to build a portfolio